Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SAID THE LEAF IN EARLY AUTUMN (poem)

Photo: "Frosty Leaf"By Skitch




Said the Leaf in Early Autumn



When my lush, green life is a thing of the past
And I slip from my precarious perch-- at last!
I'll go to.
I'll go fro.
I'll go up.
I'll go down.
When the wind passes by, I will dance on the ground.

My flight will be joyful, for all to see,
Like the lift of a butterfly
Or the swoop of a bee.
I will herald the winter
And scenes frosty-blue.
I will show you the colour,
Of an autumn that's true.
I will dance as no other has danced in the wind.
And my passion and colour to the fall I will lend.
And then...

When my short but superior frolic is done,
I will lie in the oft times hot autumn sun,
And think for months on my moments of fun.

Then under a blanket of icy white,
I will sleep as it were just the passing of night.

And in the springtime a bird will included me, I pray,
In a home for his nestlings made of leaves and soft clay.

But if not I will change,
And become one with the Earth.
Now would that not be a most glorious rebirth?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what did you think of the blog?